Wow. It’s been a while since I last wrote something in this space. I almost forgot the password. (Sad, I know.)
But I wanted to share a few thoughts while they were fresh on my mind.
Today, I’ve seen numerous posts from friends reviewing their 2014. Good things, bad things. Mainly the good things that they’re thankful for. As I scrolled and scrolled, I didn’t see any posts that read something to the effect of “we hit the point in life where we don’t have any problems this year!”
Not one. I don’t expect to see one either.
Here’s what I’ve come learn: in any given span of time (hour, day, week, month, year), there will be fantastically amazing things that happen. Those moments and days are awesome. There are also those challenging times where you’re not sure if things will ever look up for you again. We all experience both of those things. No amount of money or possessions can really provide endless joy or protect you from the valleys of life.
The lesson; Regardless of what happens, there is a God who’s not surprised by any of it-the good or the bad. And no matter what happens-you’ll be ok. You’ll make it through.
So, in short, here’s my 2014 in Review:
- Some really great things happened
- Some really bad things happened
- I have great friends and family that provide me great pleasure and support. I hope I provide the same.
See, short and sweet. I may write a lengthier list later.
And, just as short, here’s my 2015 in Preview:
- Some really great things will happen
- Some really bad things will probably happen
- I’ll have great friends and family that will provide me great pleasure and support, I intend to provide the same.
What are your thoughts? What were your great things of 2014 and what are you looking forward to in 2015?
Best wishes & Happy New Year!